[compiz] technical low-end possibilities of xgl?

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Tue Aug 1 08:16:17 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 22:02 +0800, 张韡武 wrote:
> Currently xgl supports modern ATI/Nvidia cards, is there any reason why
> older cards are not supported? Is it because old cards are not powerful
> enough, or is it because xgl is using some new 3D technologies? (OpenGL
> 2.0?)

At least my old ATI Radeon 7000 is working perfectly (the only missing
feature is the water plugin, which appears to only work on modern NVIDIA
cards.)

You can get this card from just about any hardware retailer for around
$20, but if you toss in an extra $15 you can probably get a 9250 which
has better performance and still works with the open radeon driver.