[compiz] Lockup on VT switch

Dan Winship danw at novell.com
Sat Aug 12 13:54:26 PDT 2006

Andrew Barr wrote:
> Hi, I'm having trouble with Compiz and suspending on an i855GM machine
> with X.org 7.1.1 (AIGLX) and Debian sid. If Compiz is running when the
> resume process switches back to X after having suspended, my X server
> locks.

Yeah, there are problems with suspend/resume in the latest released
intel 3d drivers (although what you're describing isn't what I see, but
it seems to vary slightly from chipset to chipset). Intel knows about
the bugs, but I don't know when a fixed driver is expected. (I'm pretty
sure they're actively working on it though.)

-- Dan