[compiz] next release

Julian Sikorski lordzanon at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Dec 27 23:55:52 PST 2006

David Reveman napisał(a):
> On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 20:41 +0100, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 20:16 +0100, David Reveman wrote:
>>> I like to get another developer release out before the end of the week.
>>> The only thing left on my list of things that should be fixed before
>>> this release is the y-constrain functionality in the move plugin, which
>>> is currently broken on multi-head setups.
>>>
>>> If you have any patches you want to get in or bugs that you like to see
>>> fixed before this release, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
>> I'm not sure if this should be fixed upstream, but running compiz git on
>> AIGLX has made the shadows of pretty much everything except windows
>> (gnome-panel, menus, ...) appear as white boxes.
>>
>> I see that Fedora keep patching compiz[1] - is it planned to merge these
>> upstream at some point, or is compiz/AIGLX officially unsupported?
>
> Please post the patches they are using. I'll of course a merge fix for
> anything that is an actual compiz issue. But as neither Kristian nor
> Søren has told me about these patches, I suspect that they might be
> workarounds for issues elsewhere.
>
> -David

Here you go. The two patches I have not included change the logo on the
top of the cube to fedora's one and enable COW by default. I don't know
what happened to Kristian and Søren, but the last four development
compiz updates were done by Matthias Clasen and IMHO fedora's compiz
looks pretty much unmaintained now (e.g. the desktop-effects program is
busted). Cheers.