[compiz] Re: updating the AUTHORS file

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 28 07:23:51 PST 2006

Hi,

David Reveman wrote:
> I like to get the AUTHORS file updated before the next release.

What you posted looks more like a changelog than an Authors file.

While I think it is very important to give credit where credit is due,
it does not provide a useful list of people to contact if you have a
question or improvement to make to a given part of the code.

I think the AUTHORS file should be kept simple - e.g. just a list of
original author and significant contributors to the various sections of
compiz (e.g. the core and each plugin).

The credit for specific fixes and for various other people should
obviously still go into the Changelog.

Just my €0.02

Col.