[compiz] New Action system

Quinn Storm livinglatexkali at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 17:36:34 PDT 2006

It seems, and I might just have a weird system, but I doubt it, that
the new Action system in compiz git head is a bit weird.  On a clean
install, not only do options like "resize_initiate_bell" show up in
gconf, but the actual action binding options don't work.  For example I
can't set resize_initiate_button to anything but its default (the key
changes in gconf, but resize ignores it). (the same problems happen in
move, scale seems to work at least for keys, but I'm not certain.  the
problem could be related to buttons.) Yes, I am looking in the right
place (plugins/resize/allscreens/options). Also the latest code seems to
sometimes create 'phantom' keybindings that don't actually map to
anything, just 'stealing' a keypress.

These things (and a slowdown that happens on some machines, but I
haven't really narrowed that down to your code, it could easily be
mine) have kept me from integrating the latest upstream changes into my
tree.  I would like to get this resolved quickly.

I've had a look over the code in gconf, resize, etc., and can't see any
glaring mistakes but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Thanks.
--Quinn