[compiz] Patch for Java app and Compiz

Mauricio Henriquez buho-1 at entelchile.net
Tue Jul 11 20:34:29 PDT 2006

Hi to all:

My name is Mauricio and I write from Chili, I new on the list, so hi to all.

I'm using Xgl and compiz and is an amazing technologie, also even as a "alpha" software work allmost perfect on my inspiron 6400-ATIX1300.

I only have 2 problems. The first related to some java app and compiz (like limewire), so I read on the list something about a patch to try to solve this, I have the compiz-java.bin and xgl-java-wmhack.bin files, but I don't know how to apply this patch, can someone help me with this??, I need the sources of compiz and re-compile compiz??, if this is true, how can I access to the last CVS version of compiz??

My second problem is related with "Alt-Gr", this key don't work at all, I remap all compiz-shorcut and all work great, but I can't use the "@", "#", etc...I read some post about this and say that a solution is do a "xmodmap = /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.<somelanguaje>", but all files on that directory make my keyboard layout even worse, any ideas tips??

Thanks for your atention...

Mauricio

P.D: I'm a OpenGl developer and I very interesting in work on Xgl-Compiz, I also have some window/pluggins ideas and I'm working on implementing some of them (only as separated opengl test), and I wonder how can I integrate this ideas with compiz??, is this posible??

Thanks

And great work!!!