[compiz] Patch for Java app and Compiz

Kalle Kärkkäinen kalle.karkkainen at intstream.fi
Wed Jul 12 00:53:23 PDT 2006

Well, I was using gentoo, and ptching things in gentoo is a little
different (hacking the ebuild..), but not hard.

More over it is not really hard to patch anything once you get the hang
of the procedure. I personally am a java dev, so I'm not overly
experienced with patching as it's not a used procedure for change in our
company.

There are great websites for this, so check out for example
http://www.cpqlinux.com/patch.html.

Bottom line is this:

Create a patch:
diff -Naur olddir newdir > new-patch

Using a patch:
patch -p0 <new-patch
or
patch -p1 <new-patch

which one to use, depends on the working directory. the -p strips off
the directory levels. There is a more complete explanation of this in
the link provided.

hope this helps.

--
Kalle Kärkkäinen.