[compiz] patch: libsvg/libsvg-cairo to librsvg

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Sun Jul 30 16:24:10 PDT 2006

Greetings everybody!

	I've created a patch to get compiz (upstream about 2 hours old) away
from libsvg and libsvg-cairo. Those two libraries, which are regarded as
"dead meat" by their initial developer Carl Worth, are replaced with
librsvg 2.14.x (e.g. part of Gnome 2.14.x) by this patch.

The patch is rather small and only touches these three files:

	compiz/configure.ac
	compiz/plugins/Makefile.am
	compiz/plugins/cube.c

	I've successfully tested the typical "multiple svg-slides on top"
switching back and forth. Mistyping a svg-filename is also properly
handled as before. I hope to see this move into upstream in order to
help compiz get rid of the old cruft that is libsvg/libsvg-cairo.

BTW, to select svg-support via configure now you have to pass:

	--enable-librsvg

now, instead of the old:

	--enable-libsvg-cairo

I hope this change makes sense and is ok with everybody.

Best regards...

Mirco "MacSlow" Müller

email - macslow at bangang.de
www - http://macslow.thepimp.net