[compiz] patch: libsvg/libsvg-cairo to librsvg

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sun Jul 30 21:52:00 PDT 2006

On 7/30/06, Mirco Müller <macslow at bangang.de> wrote:
> Greetings everybody!
>
>         I've created a patch to get compiz (upstream about 2 hours old) away
> from libsvg and libsvg-cairo. Those two libraries, which are regarded as
> "dead meat" by their initial developer Carl Worth, are replaced with
> librsvg 2.14.x (e.g. part of Gnome 2.14.x) by this patch.

Great work, I was thinking of making this change, but you beat me to
it - a couple of comments on the patch:

 - rsvg_init and rsvg_term should not be called per screen, they
belong in cubeInit and cubeFini.
 - you need to follow the existing structure of readSvgToTexture
better; call rsvg_handle_free on entry if svgHandle is non NULL to
prevent leaking when changing slides, call openImageFile to look for
the svg in the right paths
 - follow the coding style; in a few places you use a full tab instead
of 4 spaces (maybe your editor is set to 4 space tabs)

thanks,
Kristian