[compiz] Plugin-suggestion

Thomas Liebetraut thomas at tommie-lie.de
Fri Mar 31 07:55:48 PST 2006

Hi Gustav,

Gustav Nilsson schrieb:
> I got an idea for a plugin to compiz. When you pull a window very fast
> (or, pull + any key) you will be able to throw the window to another
> workspace, without change to it. The effect could be a sliding window or
> something like that.
I did a similar thing with my patches to the move plugin (you probably
know that if you use QuinnStorms Debian packages).
To actually throw a window (without touching an edge of the screen)
would be a bit harder to do.
What I wanted (and suggested some time ago) is an extension to the
existing context menu of gnome-window-decorator (what appears when you
right-click on a window's title bar) that allows you to send a window to
any disktop you want. This is known from many other window managers
(including Metacity) and far easier to implement than a "physical throw".
I think I'll do that (the menu) when digging the gnome-window-decorator
code as soon as I'll have time for it.

Regards
Thomas

--
This email is digitally signed and encoded in PGP/MIME format.
If you prefer encrypted correspondence or if you want to verify my