[compiz] Bug with scale and cube plugins

Ravi ravi at p-static.net
Wed May 24 16:13:32 PDT 2006

Hello, a friend of mine discovered this bug the other night when he was
spastically moving the mouse around. Basically, the problem is that when
invoking the scale plugin by moving the mouse rapidly to the top-right
corner of the screen, it's possible to create a situation where the
screen rotates after the windows are scaled. When this happens you
cannot select a scaled window, cannot interact with any of the other
windows on the desktop you have switched to, and cannot rotate the cube
back.

The cleanest workaround I've found is to cut to a VT (or ssh in, I
guess) and re-run compiz --replace. I can think of two solutions; either
scaling windows on the current desktop rather than the one scale was
invoked on, so that you can't switch to a normal desktop with scale
active, or not allowing scale to run when the cube is rotating. I don't
know if either of these is optimal, though.

--Ravi