[compiz] community site

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 08:38:10 PST 2006

> Some of beryl developpement plugins do not exit in compiz and probably
> won't. Is it planed to have fire in compiz? You can even clearly see beryl
> logos on the cube on some videos. As already said, I'm not saying that
> those videos should not appear on go-compiz.org (it's not my decision),
> I'm just saying that they don't show compiz. They show beryl.
> Anyway, it was just to let you guys know ;)

Let me know if there are any plugins that do not exist that you would
like to see.  I have ported most of them and blurfx is the only one I am
having real problems with.  I am sure a OpenGL / Compiz expert could
easilly port it.  The problem with blurfx is that most people turn it off
because of performance problems.

Compiz has had 'fire' for as long as Beryl has had it.

Look here for the animation plugin (which is the one that provides
fire).

I could easilly put the Beryl logo on my cube, it would still be the
same effects.

The plugins are currently here

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/

Download, unpack and type

make install
gconftool-2  --install-schema-file=plugin.schema