[compiz] Include option type in gconf schema

Ben Reeves zootreeves at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 18:28:24 PST 2006

I am writing a configuration front end for the compiz gconf plugin at the
moment, but it's proving harder than it should be because gconf does not
record what type of compiz option the key is. For example, say i want a
color picker for each color option the only way I can tell with gconf if it
is color  is if it has a # at the beginning, but there could be string
option which also have a # at the beginning so is not reliable.

My proposal is that the short_description of each gconf key should contain
the option type

e.g.
/apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/close_window_key short description
should be something like "compiz_key_modifier"
/apps/compiz/plugins/cube/screen0/options/skydome_gradient_end_color should
contain something like "compiz_color"

Hope thats clear

--
Thank you