[compiz] Include option type in gconf schema

Jigish Gohil jigish.gohil at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 20:49:18 PST 2006

On 11/13/06, Ben Reeves <zootreeves at gmail.com> wrote:

> My proposal is that the short_description of each gconf key should contain
> the option type
>
> e.g.
> /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/close_window_key
> short description should be something like "compiz_key_modifier"
> /apps/compiz/plugins/cube/screen0/options/skydome_gradient_end_color
> should contain something like "compiz_color"

This is exactly what I thought when looking at this problem. However,
Quinnstorm has smart way of overcoming this problem. She's created a
hints file which has something like this:

[crashhandler]
h_a_window_manager_command_line=command;
[cube]
h_s_skydome_image=file;image;pngonly;
h_s_images_top=file;image;
[screenshot]
h_a_directory=file;directory;
[blurfx]
h_s_reflection_file=file;image;pngonly;
[splash]
h_a_logo_file=file;image;pngonly;

and uses this in beryl-settings as below:

gboolean has_hint(BerylSetting * o, const gchar * hint)
{
}

and

if (has_hint(o,"image"))
    {
    }

Although I like your proposal better, which makes me think why this
was not implemented for gconf-editor by all the applications, so that
gconf-editor itself becomes more user friendly.

Cheers!

-J