[compiz] Tried out Beryl (Animation pugin)

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu Oct 5 11:58:21 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 23:30 -0500, Erkin Bahceci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had thought that inter-plugin communication was possible through
> "privates" without adding anything to compiz.h, but apparently it's
> not (hence the name privates :) ). I guess this is only possible
> through X window properties, right? Is there a way to do this type of
> communication in a simpler way (and without modifying compiz.h)?

Yes, you should be using options. One plugin can read and keep track of
options in other plugins. I've been thinking about adding some flag to
the CompOption structure to indicate that a specific option shouldn't be
exported so that configuration plugins don't get too busy when an option
is changed rapidly.