[compiz] Re: [Fwd: Re: compiz coding style]

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Fri Oct 6 12:54:54 PDT 2006

>They could have created a good website and community around the fdo
>version of compiz. I don't see why creating a good website and community
>forced them into maintaining there own version of compiz.

I think people were trying to get a hold of you somehow but felt no communication.
Although I support beryl in terms of the community and packaging, I'm trying not to play sides.
I'd like everyone to rally around compiz but it would be nice more of the compiz plumbing was in place so
that none of the decisions beryl made would have needed such a fork in the first place.

>My feeling is that the people behind the beryl fork never really tried
>to work with me and the fdo version of compiz. Here's a copy of one of
>the initial email replies I got from Quinn back in March this year:

I'm not sure they didn't try. It was more of not knowing what you were planning on
adding to compiz. It's that mis-communication that made things tense.

I am glad your spending more time on compiz now and are being responsive to
people.

In the end, I would like to see compiz become the primary composite manager.
I guess in some ways, the fork has induced change in compiz and that was
really the idea.

Shawn.