[compiz] AIGLX + r300 + compiz?

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Tue Oct 10 16:24:26 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 15:26 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> On 10/10/06, Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I've spent the last few days getting Xorg pulled from freedesktop git
> > and built.  Everything seems to have worked, and I now have Xorg version
> > 7.1.99.2 running, composite enabled, and AIGLX enabled.  The Xorg log
> > file shows:
> >
> > (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
>
> These warnings are not severe (but yes, I should fix them :)
>
> > compiz: pixmap 0x1800090 can't be bound to texture
> > compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x3600012 to texture
>
> Sounds like the GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap extension isn't working.
> My guess is that your mesa needs to be recompiled against
> glproto-1.4.8, since you're using the git master X.org server, which
> uses those opcodes.
>
> Kristian

So is there some secret to getting mesa recompiled against that glproto
version?  That's the version I have installed into /opt/xorg. I've
backed up the GL headers I have installed from my distribution
(in /usr/include/GL) and then deleted them.  I rebuilt Mesa and
reinstalled libGL.so.1.2 and r300_dri.so from the completed build.  Yet
I still get the same result.  Is there some other way to test
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap?

Adam