[compiz] Compiling Compiz

Johan Kotze jkotze at novell.com
Wed Oct 18 07:40:37 PDT 2006

Mike

I am willing to be a packager for SLED and openSuse 10.1 & 10.2 if someone would be willing to teach me what to do. I
have a good programming background (Delphi & Pascal) and I learn quickly. I have no idea as to how to build rpm's, but I
am willing to try.

JK

Johan Kotze wrote:

> Jigish
>

> This is the location of the old compiz-quinn packages. They are not
> updated anymore, now that they have forked into Beryl. I am
> specifically looking for an rpm of compiz-0.2.0 as was released by David.

I think this is a major problem at the moment, there do not appear to be
any packagers for
the official compiz.  I believe that all of them are involved in Beryl
and have
given up supporting compiz, which is a shame because it reduces the
choice of the
'community'.

It would be nice if someone could package compiz and then create an
additional package
with the third-party plugins in.