[compiz] Compiling Compiz

Jigish Gohil jigish.gohil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:02:40 PDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Johan Kotze <jkotze at novell.com> wrote:

>  Jigish
>

>  This is the location of the old compiz-quinn packages. They are not updated
> anymore, now that they have forked into Beryl. I am specifically looking for
> an rpm of compiz-0.2.0 as was released by David.

I am not sure of the date of 0.2 release, but there is a compiz-git
package that I did last for SLED10/10.1 in that repo. That package has
metacity theme support.

http://software.opensuse.org/download/Compiz-Quinn/SUSE_Linux_10.1/i586/compiz-git_060922-8.1.i586.rpm

If you are using xorg7.1 on sled there is a more recent package of
compiz git here:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/X11:/XGL:/10.1xorg7/

Beryl packages are located here.

http://software.opensuse.org/download/X11:/XGL/

I have been maintaining upto date compiz packages on BS for some time
now, would be updating packages for 10.1, and factory soon.