[compiz] Compiling Compiz

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Oct 20 03:14:08 PDT 2006

On Oct 18, 06 15:20:11 +0100, Mike Dransfield wrote:
> >This is the location of the old compiz-quinn packages. They are not
> >updated anymore, now that they have forked into Beryl. I am
> >specifically looking for an rpm of compiz-0.2.0 as was released by David.

Find the compiz package now in the openSUSE X11:XGL project, on which
Jigish / Cyberorg added me as maintainer :^)

For some reason, compiz is currently in "blocked" state on
XOrg7_SUSE_Linux_10.1, but it has been compiled for the same release in
my home directory home:mhopf.

For download:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/X11:/XGL/
  or
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/mhopf/

Unfortunately, the XOrg7_SUSE_Linux_10.1 packages built in my home
project don't show up yet. I guess this needs some time.

BTW - Jigish, I think the SL10.1xorg7, SLE10, SLE_10, and
SUSE_Linux_Factory directories should be deleted on the download side of
X11:XGL, do you agree?

> It would be nice if someone could package compiz and then create an
> additional package
> with the third-party plugins in.

AFAIK so far most of the additional plugins (if not all) do not
compile/run for upstream compiz at the moment.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de