[compiz] Problems with compiz-0.3.2 on freebsd

Jeremy Sherling sherlingj at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 13:29:32 PDT 2006

Hello... I compiled and installed compiz 3.2 on freebsd 6.1 with xorg 7.1
(from the new ports tree) and gnome 2.16.1, but it seems to be broken.  When
I run "DISPLAY=:0 gtk-window-decorator &" and then "DISPLAY=:0 compiz
--replace gconf &" most of my screen dissapears.  (Maybe one window stays,
but without any borders or decoration) I can't click on anything. If I kill
compiz, parts of the screen comes back, but nothing works.  I have to kill
gnome-session and restart x.  If anyone has any answers, that would be
great.  Let me know if more info is needed.

Jeremy