[compiz] Fedora Patches

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Sep 20 07:27:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

We've been fixing a few bugs and glitches in our fedora compiz rpm and
I wanted to post them here for review, in the hope that we could get
them included before the upcoming release.  Without further ado:

  cow.patch - add support for using the composite overlay window for
GL output instead of rendering to the root window.  This is lets
compiz run on AIGLX without the _COMPIZ_GL_INCLUDE_INFERIORS hack that
we used to have.  The patch defaults to using the root window but adds
a '--use-cow' command line option to make compiz use the overlay
window.

  button-clicks.patch - only activate button actions (minimize,
maximize, close) when the buttons are clicked using mouse button 1.
Right now all buttons activate the button action, which is a bit
unusual.  Metacity opens the window menu in this case, but the patch
just disables the button actions for all other buttons that 1.

  double-click.patch - this patch tightens the double click criteria,
in that if the distance between the two clicks are greater than 8
pixels it is not regarded as a double click.  This is in line with how
GTK+ detects double clicks.  There's an X root window property or
similar that defines the distance and the patch should read out that
value, but for now the patch brings the behavior a little closer to
what it should be.

  fbconfig-depth-fix.patch - I mentioned this earlier, but didn't
commit it because somebody reported a crash using this patch.  It
turned out that the crash happened with the binary nvidia driver,
which has fbconfigs without associated visuals.  The check for vi ==
NULL handles this case, and with a couple of code style changes, this
patch should be good to go.

  positioning.patch - fixes corner cases with big titlebar fonts which
make compiz misplace the decoration input regions.  To reproduce this,
try selecting a 20px titlebar font and notice that the upper or lower
part of the titlebar does not receive input events.

  thumbnail-sorting.patch - almost a one-liner to drop a minmized
window to the end of the window switcher list.

cheers,
Kristian