[compiz] Re: New viewport switcher plugin

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed Sep 20 08:50:50 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 10:31 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've (Soeren Sandmann, really) have written a new plugin that pans
> the viewport around a planar workspace instead of the cube.  It's a
> more toned down transition effect and is more similar to the metacity
> workspace model.  There's two parts to this patch: one part prepares
> the compiz core for workspace that's more than one viewport high, and
> the second part is the implementation of the plane plugin.  The
> infrastructure part in itself would be good to have upstream since it
> does change the plugin API.  The plane plugin might be interesting
> upstream too as a more toned down alternative to the cube, but I don't
> mind keeping that part in our RPM.
>
> The patch, as attached, has both the core changes and the new plugin.
> If we only want the core changes upstream, I can resend it as two
> patches.

Looks good. Please commit the plane plugin as well but in a different
commit than the core changes. Remember to update the ABIVERSION in
compiz.h and add the new getVersion function to the plane plugins
vTable. But other than that, it's all good to go in.

btw, eventually I think we want to add support for multiple workspaces
as well but that requires a bit more work.

Thanks,