[compiz] New viewport switcher plugin

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Sep 20 07:31:12 PDT 2006

Hi,

We've (Soeren Sandmann, really) have written a new plugin that pans
the viewport around a planar workspace instead of the cube.  It's a
more toned down transition effect and is more similar to the metacity
workspace model.  There's two parts to this patch: one part prepares
the compiz core for workspace that's more than one viewport high, and
the second part is the implementation of the plane plugin.  The
infrastructure part in itself would be good to have upstream since it
does change the plugin API.  The plane plugin might be interesting
upstream too as a more toned down alternative to the cube, but I don't
mind keeping that part in our RPM.

The patch, as attached, has both the core changes and the new plugin.
If we only want the core changes upstream, I can resend it as two
patches.

cheers,
Kristian