[compiz] New viewport switcher plugin

Hannes Janetzek rastamasta at gmx.de
Thu Sep 21 05:05:04 PDT 2006

Am Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:31:12 -0400
schrieb "Kristian Høgsberg" <krh at bitplanet.net>:

> Hi,
>
> We've (Soeren Sandmann, really) have written a new plugin that pans
> the viewport around a planar workspace instead of the cube.  It's a
> more toned down transition effect and is more similar to the metacity
> workspace model.  There's two parts to this patch: one part prepares
> the compiz core for workspace that's more than one viewport high, and
> the second part is the implementation of the plane plugin.

Big Thanks.  I would have started today to work on that
functionality :)

btw,  the scale plugin looks more flowing on unscale if it stays on the
desktop of the selected window and the other windows move away from it.
i made a video which shows what i mean:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-2121676874259766687
anyway i made it for my compiz e17 module and the patch isn´t
so clean.
hope you like the idea

--
Hannes