[compiz] gnome-window-decorator -> gtk-window-decorator and some restructuring

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Sep 22 12:34:45 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 13:37 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:
> > I'm also going to split the gnome configure option into a gtk and a
> > gnome option as the only gnome specific code that exist in the tree is
> > the compiz-window-manager module
>
> gconf is pretty much gnome-specific at this point in time

OK. I don't know how big the interest is in running gwd outside of
gnome. Making the gconf code in gwd optional wouldn't be very hard if we
want that. I can also imaging that there might be people who want to
build gwd without having contol-center and all it's dependencies
installed.

So currently I'm trying to decide if we should rename gwd to
gtk-window-decorator or just make building of the gnome settings module
optional. I'm leaning towards gtk-window-decorator as I think that
having the name be gnome-window-decorator makes it less likely that
someone is going to try and make use of it outside of gnome.