[compiz] ATI and GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap error

Ioannis Nousias s0238762 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 03:40:54 PDT 2007

I've recently compiled xorg, mesa and drm for my rv250 and I've faced
few problems that I managed to solve. Since you have an rv200 (radeon
7500), you should be using the radeon_dri.so. I don't have any
experience with that driver but should be in good shape.

see if AIGLX is enabled:
grep AIGLX /var/log/Xorg.0.log

check what libraries compiz is using
ldd /usr/bin/compiz

particularly see for the libGL.so.1. Is it the one you are expecting?

when you used LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=TRUE, you said the error message
disappears but compiz didn't work. Did it produce any other error message ?

are you using SELinux? if yes open the selinux-troubleshooter and see if
there are any warnings for the radeon_dri.so or libGL.so.1

you might want to see the end of this topic on the GLX_EXT_tfp extension
as well (basically see if the extension appears in all 3 sections of the
glxinfo output):
http://forum.compiz.org/viewtopic.php?t=92&highlight=

hope this helps
-Ioannis