[compiz] Windows jumping on move

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Thu Aug 9 04:57:10 PDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Teresa <teresa_ii at myeburg.net> wrote:
> Sam Spilsbury wrote:
> > That 'jumping' is caused by X server syncing. You might also notice
> > that fake transparent terminals update their background when moving.
> I don't think so. This jumping is very random and doesn't appear on
> every window move. I also don't notice any background transparent
> problem with my gnome-terminal, which does use true transparency over
> setting color layout to ARGB with GDK.
>
> > I'm not quite too sure, but I think David added an option to disable
> > this in the Move Plugin. I'm using a hacked version, so I cant see it,
> > but I believe it is called 'Lazy Positioning'
> I am on vacation now, i will check for this options next mounth.

I had the same issue. It could be related to multiple effects happening at once.

In the wobbly windows plugin, disable the actions on window map and
focus (I believe it defaults to "Shiver", set it to "None".)

You should not need to change anything in the move plugin.

Of course this doesn't fix the underlying issue..