[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.5.4

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Aug 20 13:22:28 PDT 2007

On 8/20/07, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> A new compiz release 0.5.4 is now available from:
>
>         http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/compiz-0.5.4.tar.gz

Oh... I guess I expected the next development release would be 0.7.0,
since a 0.6.0 maintenance branch was created.  I hope (and assume) the
0.5.4 release isn't intended to be a pre-release for the 0.6.0 stable
release, especially with the new XCB requirement, but the release
numbering is a little confusing.

We're shipping 0.5.2 in Fedora rawhide now, and I'm expecting to spend
some time fixing whatever bugs show up and contribute fixes back to
the 0.6 branch (and head, of course).  And I'm hoping that we can
release that branch as 0.6 in time for me to pull that into the
upcoming Fedora 8 release.

What's the roadmap?
Kristian