[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.5.4

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Aug 21 07:31:42 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 16:22 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> On 8/20/07, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> > A new compiz release 0.5.4 is now available from:
> >
> >         http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/compiz-0.5.4.tar.gz
>
> Oh... I guess I expected the next development release would be 0.7.0,
> since a 0.6.0 maintenance branch was created.  I hope (and assume) the
> 0.5.4 release isn't intended to be a pre-release for the 0.6.0 stable
> release, especially with the new XCB requirement, but the release
> numbering is a little confusing.
>
> We're shipping 0.5.2 in Fedora rawhide now, and I'm expecting to spend
> some time fixing whatever bugs show up and contribute fixes back to
> the 0.6 branch (and head, of course).  And I'm hoping that we can
> release that branch as 0.6 in time for me to pull that into the
> upcoming Fedora 8 release.
>
> What's the roadmap?

0.5.4 is just another development release and part of my new strategy to
push out development releases every second week or when a major new
feature has landed. The release number probably got wrong, though. It
should probably have been 0.7.0. I'll get this right in the next
release.

I'm not sure what will end up in 0.6 and not. I'm not going to be much
in charge of what goes into 0.6 and not. We can revert the commit that
added the XCB requirement and re-base the 0.6 branch on head if people
are interested in that.