[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.5.4

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Tue Aug 21 08:24:47 PDT 2007

On 8/21/07, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> > What's the roadmap?
>
> 0.5.4 is just another development release and part of my new strategy to
> push out development releases every second week or when a major new
> feature has landed. The release number probably got wrong, though. It
> should probably have been 0.7.0. I'll get this right in the next
> release.

Ok, phew :)  No big deal then.

> I'm not sure what will end up in 0.6 and not. I'm not going to be much
> in charge of what goes into 0.6 and not. We can revert the commit that
> added the XCB requirement and re-base the 0.6 branch on head if people
> are interested in that.

I think 0.6 got branched at a good time.  The XCB requirement is
something I'd like to avoid for this release.  The options rewrite
looks like a big improvement, but it breaks compiz-fusion
compatibility, so I think it makes sense to not include that in 0.6
either.

Since I have some interest in seeing the 0.6 release go out, I can
volunteer to drive that unless somebody else wants to.  I have a few
patches over here that I think are suitable for the 0.6 branch

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/compiz/log/?h=fedora

Aside from those changes, my plan for 0.6 is to just collect what
fixes come in from fedora and other distros and then release 0.6
mid-september.  How does that sound?