[compiz] OSD Mystery

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Aug 30 06:58:28 PDT 2007

I recently started using compiz-fusion.  After spending months looking
at an anemic little rectangular on-screen volume control when I use
the volume buttons on my ubuntu thinkpad T60p, all of a sudden I
noticed that I was getting a nice, big, robust rounded-corner display
(somewhat mac-like).  Now it's gone again.

I really have no clue whether this came from compiz-fusion, emerald, a
plugin, or something else entirely.  I've been unable to find any
likely options in the ccsm.  I was using prebuilt compiz-fusion
packages from amaranths repo for a while, and just switched to one I
built from git-head.  I don't know if that accounts for the
disappearance.

Maybe this is just a hidden gnome setting.  Does anybody know?

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting