[compiz] OSD Mystery

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Aug 30 07:25:36 PDT 2007

on Thu Aug 30 2007, Diogo Ferreira <diogo-AT-underdev.org> wrote:

>> Maybe this is just a hidden gnome setting.  Does anybody know?
>
> It sure is a gnome thingie, it detects if it's in a composited
> environment and draws a transparent and rounded volume OSD, what I can't
> tell you is why it's not appearing anymore.

Is there a setting for that somewhere?  In a previous incarnation, I
was using the gconf backend for compiz-fusion, but it was corrupting
the settings.  My current installation doesn't seem to allow the gconf
backend as an option (at least, it doesn't appear in the menu).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting