[compiz] Blur problems

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 07:58:27 PST 2007

I am having a few problems with blur which I notice other people
are having too.

Focus blur works perfectly (although only with 4xBilinear)

When I start blurdemo, that works too.  The problem is that sometimes
changing the filter type crashes compiz.  If I run it under a debugger
it starts working again.  All the filter types work with blurdemo.

Blurset also works in that it sets the hint on the window, but the
window does not get blurred.  The only applications that work are
gnome-terminal and blurdemo.

I am using nvidia 6800XT with nvidia binary drivers (9631 - but also
same effect with 9742) with xorg 7.2

See here for more info

http://forum.go-compiz.org/viewtopic.php?p=4312#4312