[compiz] Re: BSO paint values - was window matching interface and the new match option

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Tue Feb 27 08:31:15 PST 2007

Hi,

> obs does not appear to listen for the client messages, so I
> assume that there is a separate code path in core which does
> a very similar thing to your changeWindowOpacity function?

Indeed. This is done in core's event.c.

> Are you planning to pull all of that out into a plugin too?

Hmm, good question. It would be fairly easy to do, but I'm not sure if
that makes sense (obviously without the plugin loaded, there would be no
client initiated opacity/brightness/saturation changes possible).
Maybe David can share his opinion with us here? ;-)

Regards,

Danny