[compiz] Blurring behind windows

Solerman Kaplon solerman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 03:50:03 PST 2007

Mike Dransfield escreveu:
> It is a common request and I think it can
> be useful.  The problem with beryl blur is
> that it is way too slow.

Really? It is very fast here on my old fx 5200. So fast I left it
enabled on transformed windows and can drag windows around with wobble
and notice no lag. Maybe you forgot to play with the options and tweak
it so it is fast there? The cache option seems to make a lot of
difference, as well as choosing a small (2x2 or 3x3) blur area. Does
your card support pixel shaders? If it doesn't,  I remember someone
doing it on fixed pipeline, but don't have it here so I don't know if it
has been integrated into the current plugin or not.

Solerman