[compiz] Question about extending screengrabs

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Thu Jan 11 09:49:28 PST 2007

Hi,

> The same would happen for terminate bindings so other
> plugins can keep an internal track of all other plugins (even
> if the author didnt write their plugin specifically for them).

The problem is that this method (which also came to my mind
yesterday ;-) ) can't be used at all for replacing otherScreenGrabExist
- given the fact that you don't want to have a string list of active
plugins in each plugin. Maybe I'm also misunderstanding you a bit - how
would you think should the plugins store the information of active
plugins?

> BTW - I think that in the showdesktop example you could
> easily check  if the screen is in showdesktop mode.

No, you're mixing up the showdesktop mode and the showdesktop plugin ;-)
(Confusing naming, I have to admit...)

Regards,

Danny