[compiz] Button order issues

Gerd Kohlberger lowfi at chello.at
Fri Jan 12 19:27:41 PST 2007

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to get gtk-window-decorator to respect metacity's
> button_layout gconf key, and basing my work on a patch posted on the
> forums a while back:
>
> http://forum.go-compiz.org/viewtopic.php?p=1306&highlight=#1306
> <http://forum.go-compiz.org/viewtopic.php?p=1306&highlight=#1306>
>
> The patch works perfectly by itself against compiz 0.3.4, but against
> 0.3.6, it results in no buttons or titlebar text being drawn in the
> window decoration.  What I've noticed is that if I edit the
> gtk-window-decorator source and even manually try any layout other than
> the default, the the window decoration becomes blank.
>
> Any ideas on what could be causing this, or how to begin debugging it?

Hey,

I'm working on the same patch, it works here with the latest version of gwd,
but has some issues which i'm trying to solve.

What doesn't work atm is:

* decoration goes blank if either minimize, maximize or close is missing. (menu works)

* the position of the action_menu doesn't get updated. i can place the icon anywhere,
   but the menu still pops up on the left.

* if i move a button to the left before the action_menu - blank again.
   after the menu it works. i guess this is related to position thing.

I'll post the patch if i can reslove those things, or maybe someone with more clue
beats me to it.

Gerd