[compiz] Button order issues

Joe Barnett thejoe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 12:38:55 PST 2007

Hi there,

I'm trying to get gtk-window-decorator to respect metacity's button_layout
gconf key, and basing my work on a patch posted on the forums a while back:

http://forum.go-compiz.org/viewtopic.php?p=1306&highlight=#1306

The patch works perfectly by itself against compiz 0.3.4, but against 0.3.6,
it results in no buttons or titlebar text being drawn in the window
decoration.  What I've noticed is that if I edit the gtk-window-decorator
source and even manually try any layout other than the default, the the
window decoration becomes blank.

Any ideas on what could be causing this, or how to begin debugging it?

Thanks,
-Joe