[compiz] compiz 0.3.6 in fedora rawhide

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Jan 17 08:42:28 PST 2007

Hi,

I've just updated compiz in fedora rawhide and wanted to post a quick
overview of the patches we still carry.  Patch details are available
here:

  http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/compiz/devel

terminate-move.patch
restart.patch

  These are already upstream, but not yet in a released version.

aiglx-defaults.patch
tfp-server-extension.patch

  These two paper over a problem in libGL by defaulting to indirect
rendering and looking for tfp in the server extensions string.  The
upstream compiz approach of trying direct rendering first and then
falling back to indirect if direct doesn't support tfp should work.
However, libGL only merges tfp into the glx extensions string if you
set LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT, not if you request an indirect context.  So
this is a problem we need to fix in libGL, but for now I'm keeping
these patches in the compiz RPM.

fedora-logo.patch

  Branding patch, not upstreamable.

composite-cube-logo.patch

  I wrote this patch to allow the fedora logo (which is mostly
translucent) to blend correctly on top of the cube.  I forget the
details, but without it the blue background (that the branding patch
sets) of the cube turns all black.  One of these days I'll look into
it and try to come up with something upstreamable.

So we're in pretty good shape here, looking forward to trying out the
new blur plugin once we get marshalling for GL_ARB_fragment_program.

cheers,
Kristian