[compiz] Somes patchs

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Jan 19 08:22:12 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 14:22 +0100, Bellegarde Cedric wrote:
> Here two patch:
>
> A patch for switcher to disable window list. All was already present in code,
> just missing an option :)

There are already "next_no_popup" and "prev_no_popup" options which
allow you to use the switcher without the window list and they are much
better than a boolean option as they allow you to use the switcher both
ways without changing an option.

> A patch for place, it's my old patch, i just fix a stupid segfault!
> Will try to add some others placement modes...
>
> http://puffy.homelinux.org/%7Egnumdk/compiz/patch/switcher.patch
> http://puffy.homelinux.org/%7Egnumdk/compiz/patch/place.patch

I'm OK with including some more placement modes. However, have you
looked at porting the kwin placement code or the placement code of some
other window manager instead of implementing this kind of placement code
once more?