[compiz] decoration mask

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Fri Mar 2 07:09:49 PST 2007

Hi,

> > Beryl has this mask called PAINT_WINDOW_DECORATION_MASK that the
> > decoration plugin sets when it's drawing the decorator windows. It
> > lets you apply an effect to a window that doesn't affect the
> > decorations. Does this sound like something that would be useful in
> > compiz?
>

> OK - I found it in the end :)
>
> !(mask & PAINT_WINDOW_DECORATION_MASK)
>
> is replaced with
>
> (texture->name == w->texture->name)

This is interesting and makes sense. However, I think David's proposal
here:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2006-October/000688.html

would be needed to reflect the needs of all plugins.

With the comparison you pointed out one can only distinguish between
window textures and non-window textures. However, there may be entirely
different textures being drawn (such as glow or the tab bar background
in the group plugin), which one may want to handle differently (as an
example: the tab bar background most likely shouldn't be blurred), so
this comparison is not completely sufficient.

But I agree having an identifier in CompTexture makes more sense than
PAINT_WINDOW_DECORATION_MASK.

Regards,

Danny