[compiz] Compiz - vista like Right Side Panel

David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Oct 29 06:42:51 PDT 2007

Lauri Kainulainen wrote:
> David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. wrote:
>>     I have seen screenshots of compiz with a vista like right side panel
>> holding the clock, calendar, system stats, etc. that I would love to
>> add. The problem is that (1) I don't know what it is called or (2) where
>> to look to get it. I have looked at kasbar, ksim and universal sidebar
>> under KDE, but those are not what I've seen. Anyone else have any other
>> ideas?
>
> I would guess that they're just superkaramba widgets
> (http://netdragon.sourceforge.net/ssuperkaramba.html) or desklets
> (www.gdesklets.de). there's also a widget engine called screenlets
> (.org), but i'm not sure if it's usable yet.
>

> cheers,
> lauri

Thank you Steven and Lauri,

	I think ya'll hit the nail on the head. It's either gDesklets or super
Karamba. I will look at both. I don't know what, if anything, is going
on with super Karamba, but it doesn't look like it has had any
development since 2006 and much of it is 2003. I'll also look at
creating a new panel and going at it that way. There is no reason that
shouldn't work.

Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.