[compiz] Compiz - vista like Right Side Panel

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 09:46:36 PDT 2007

> Thank you Steven and Lauri,
>
> 	I think ya'll hit the nail on the head. It's either gDesklets or super
> Karamba. I will look at both. I don't know what, if anything, is going
> on with super Karamba, but it doesn't look like it has had any
> development since 2006 and much of it is 2003. I'll also look at
> creating a new panel and going at it that way. There is no reason that
> shouldn't work.

For KDE, bear in mind it is kinda in a state of flux at the moment,
under going a major update from KDE3 to KDE4.

super Karamba was essentially an add-on to KDE3. For KDE4 the idea is
there, but more built into the desktop itself. Checkout some of the beta
screenshots floating around on the web.

So I would say not that super Karamba has really stagnated, but more
evolved into something else for KDE4.

Chris