[compiz] More clear CCSM messages

Vadim Peretokin vperetokin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 08:33:58 PDT 2007

Hello,

Would it be possible to have someone knowledgeable about the inner working
of Compiz to change the messages CCSM uses (which can be found
here<http://gitweb.opencompositing.org/?p=compiz;a=blob;f=metadata/core.xml.in;h=8fa18ab503a4c245a6f77582706d29bbbb654cc5;hb=HEAD>)
to be understandable to us not really technical people?

One example would be the 'Sync To VBlank' option. I have no idea what VBlank
is, so how, what will sync to it, I have no idea. Checking the tooltip,
'Only perform screen updates during vertical blanking period', I know now
that sync means a screen update, but what's a vertical blanking period then?

Would be great if someone helped make ccsm more clear :)