[compiz] Fwd: Compiz-Updater problem...

Joel Bosveld joel.bosveld at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:14:15 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Larry Shields <larryesu at charter.net> wrote:

> *I have found a site where the script "CF_Installer-Updater_v.3.sh"
> could be downloaded...After using chmod +x to make it executable, it
> runs but I seem to have something missing, since I am having a problem
> with it...
>
> As far as I know unofficial scripts are unsupported, the closest thing to a
supported script would be get-git. But it is probably better to just follow
the instructions on wiki (http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/Installation) if you
want to install compiz from source.

Also, the main thread for the script (
http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=508769) seems to indicate
that you shouldn't use the script, but rather an alternative (which it links
too). However, I wouldn't recommend that (I would recommend following
instructions on wiki, or using get-git script (also mentioned on that page
of the wiki))

Joel

(sorry if you recieved this twice, it seems reply doesn't reply to the
list...)