[compiz] Can't Turn OFF compiz autostart since 0.7.4.x

CyberOrg cyberorg at opensuse.org
Tue May 13 00:09:29 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:34 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> Devs, compiz listmates:
>
>         Why can't I turn off compiz autostart on openSuSE 10.3 i386? Compiz just
>  decided to start automatically with KDE login

Remove it from your saved session $KDEHOME/share/config/ksmserverrc

>         Moreover, when compiz starts by itself, it is using KDE window decorations
>  despite setting the window decoration to emerald with fusion-icon and
>  confirming that it was in fact set in .config/compiz/compizconfig/Default.ini

change it from ccsm -> decoration -> commandline

>         It is a bit annoying to have to switch back to kwin and then back into compiz
>  to get emerald decorations loaded.

Alt+F2 -> emerald --replace should work. Experienced user such as you
should know.

Additionally, there are some things I can't
>  use compiz with like video or external monitor for presentations.

Works for me on nvidia, video flickers with fglrx, nothing that compiz
can do about it ask the graphic card vendor to provide better drivers
;).

Ciao

-J