[compiz] Relative position between two windows

Luca Rocca disquisitiones at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 22:57:10 PDT 2013

Hi,
I'm Luca from Savona, Italy.
I'm using Compiz and I'm writing an application with Xlib to draw two
windows,
let's say window_A and window_B. I would like to keep fixed the relative
position
between two established corners of them that they have when mapped.
So that if I move or resize one of the window, the other if necessary
automatically
moves to observe the condition. I'm close with this code, let's see for
example
the case for window A:

XSelectInput ( display, RootWindow ( display, 0 ), SubstructureNotifyMask );

> XEvent event;
> while ( true )
> {
>     XNextEvent ( display, & event );
>     /* ... */
>     if ( event.type == ConfigureNotify and event.xconfigure.window ==
> window_B )
>     {
>         // new_x, new_y based on event.xconfigure.x, event.xconfigure.y,
> etc...
>         XMoveWindow ( display, window_A, new_x, new_y );
>     }
>     /* ... */
> }

The problem is that the move correction of a window is only applied at the
end of the move/resize
operation of the other and not continuously during it.
Is there a way to obtain this as if the two windows could behave like one
rigid body?
Thank you in advance,

Luca