[ConsoleKit] The future of CK

Leen Besselink consolekit at consolejunkie.net
Tue May 3 16:19:18 PDT 2011

> On Tue, 03.05.11 10:49, Leen Besselink (consolekit at consolejunkie.net) wrote:
>
>> On 05/03/2011 02:24 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>>> Heya,
>>>
>>> just wanted to mention that over at systemd-devel I posted a document
>>> what we have in mind for CK and how to dissolve it in systemd. You might
>>> find that interesting:
>>>
>>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-May/002166.html
>>>
>>> Have fun,
>>>
>>> Lennart
>>>
>> Hello Lennart/list,
>>
>> Does this also try to solve the problem people are having with
>> fast-user-switching, linux-does-not-have-a-revoke-system-call and
>> whatever else is related ?
> As Kay already said, this will not magically add the revoke() syscall to
> the kernel. Not sure though what you mean by problem with FUS?
>
> Lennart

My guess is, it is the same problem. Because of revoke () is missing,
when you choose to do FUS things start to break.

For example, you can choose shutdown from the panel, but all it does it
logout (even if it is the last logged in user).

I think if after the last logged out user has logged out, one logs back in,
you still can't choose shutdown from the panel.

(you probably want to know: this is on Ubuntu)