[CREATE] shared icons between apps?

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Nov 5 13:19:29 PST 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:36:30 +0100
> From: Andreas Nilsson <nisses.mail at home.se>
> To: create at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: [CREATE] shared icons between apps?
>
> Hello everyone!
> Hope this is the right place to turn to.
> As you all know there are some icon inconsitencies between the apps
> involved in the Create-project. Not just between those who use different
> toolkits, but also between those that use the same toolkit.

Developers must use STOCK items properly.

> I would like to do within the Tango-project as you might have heard of

The Tango project is the right answer.

However I am more interested in applications getting the infrastructure
rather than the Tango palette and Tango theme being developed.  The
infrastructure is what is really important but the other aspects of Tango
do seem like a logical way to generate interest and establish a widely
acceptable equivalent to what Red Hat tried to achieve with BlueCurve and
drive the adoption of the infrastructure.

> We have started some work on a naming spec here:
> http://tango-project.org/ArtLibreSet
> Anyone interested?

Yes very much so but I'm no longer a student and currently seeking
employment (bills to pay) so I will not be able to help out as much as I
might like to.  (I learned a little about the planned project months
ago but even then I had difficulty dragging myself away from other
projects and find a way to help out which I probably should have
apologised to Jimmac about.)

This is definately a good idea and I hope it is something Create can be
closely associated with and maybe the Tango contributors will take an
interest in the wider goals as they become more successful with Tango.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com